Rat Brain Endothelial Cell Monolayer Assay
|Service||Transporter||Technology||Probe Substrate||Reference Inhibitor||Barrier|
|Rat Brain Endothelial Cell Studies||Mdr1a - rat
The rat brain endothelial cell (RBEC) monolayer assay is an excellent in vitro test system to model the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB) and study the brain penetration of compounds by evaluating their vectorial transport. This system is a co-culture of three primary cell types: endothelial cells, pericytes and astrocytes, which ensures barrier formation and expression of key enzymes (e.g. transporters). SOLVO has developed several assays for this system, which have been harmonized with our in vivo BBB transporter model . The RBEC model can be used for the following experiments:
- Passive permeability studies(BBB penetration)
- Rat Mdr1a substrate assessments (bidirectional permeability ± inhibitor)
- Rat Mdr1a inhibitor assessments (bidirectional permeability of Digoxin ± Test compound)
- Under development: rat Bcrp1 substrate and inhibitor assessments
1. Passive permeability studies: uni- and bidirectional permeability
2. Mdr1a substrate assessment studies
3. Mdr1a inhibitor assessment (DDI) studies
4. DDI - IC50 determination for quinidine inhibition
SOLVO also offers two setups for the above studies, which differ in terms of deliverable information and cost.
1. Basic setup - Studies at one concentration
2. Extended setup - Studies at several concentrations, more controls
Study parameters can be customized to suit your needs.
Learn more about the Rat Brain Endothelial Cell Monolayer service.